View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 11:46   #1
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Question Expanding Foam as Insulation

I'm trying to figure out a way to insulate my workshop floor. Unfortunately before I had chance to place anything down prior to the workshop being erected has left me with a 3 inch gap between the floorboards and the concrete the workshop sits on.

I thought about putting some 50mm polystyrene sheets down and then making a false floor on top of this, but after consideration it doesnt seem practical.

My final thought is that i could block off both ends of the workshop, at the base, and drill some holes into the floorboards, then squirt expanding foam into the floor cavity.

Below the 6 inch concrete base is a layer of plastic sheeting, so its damp proofed.

I was thinking of using Gorilla Filler http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GORILLA-FI...#ht_978wt_1163

I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Has anyone used this expanding foam? does it act as insulation?, does 750ml cover a large area?
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote