View Single Post
Old 13-04-2008, 14:14   #34
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Phorm Public Meeting - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80/20Thinking View Post
OK, let me repeat the facts. As Phorm and 80/20 Thinking have both publicly stated, this is a commercial contract. 80/20 is a commercial organisation, even if it is a commercial organisation with a difference (half its profits go to civil liberties campaigners in developing countries). .....snip....

No, my job is simply to assess the facts of the case.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Thank you for the informative reply in which you have made the clear statement that 80/20 Thinking is indeed being paid by Phorm.

I fully understand that as a commercial organisation, your Company exists to make money and I am in no way questioning the integrity of the process but I think its funding is relevant to the way the process is perceived.

The PIA would appear on the face of it to be 'compliance with due process'. Phorm will contend voluntary self-assessment and transparency and 80/20 Thinking is managing that process whilst on the payroll.

With respect, Tuesday's meeting looks more and more like a carefully planned PR exercise under the guise of openness. A 2 hour meeting in London is not a representative forum of the views of millions of people and for that reason, the meeting itself is of no consequence.

The illegal interception of thousands of users data will however have consequences and I presume the PIA will address the facts known from BT's admission?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote