View Single Post
Old 13-02-2012, 20:49   #1
Bentex
Inactive

Services: Tivo (M+), BB (L), Phone (M)
Bentex is on a distinguished roadBentex is on a distinguished road
Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

I just cancelled my SKY+ HD service. As I've had a change in circumstances and can no longer afford Sky Sports, ESPN etc.

I noticed that if I get Tivo with M+ it's only 10 quid a month more (with my existing broadband L and phone M). This is very tempting for me as I cannot live without a PVR and Sky Sports News! But I also get channels I occasional watch such as Sky1 (an idiot abroad) and Eurosport 1/2 (football). Seem it's the ideal package. Taking into account the catch up and other services on offer too!

It's just my last Virgin media STB was useless. Painfully S-L-O-W and noisy! Crackling during quiet suspense moments in movies is a real put off!!

I don't want to be stuck with a box that is going to give me stress! So just a few questions that I hope a few of you will take some time out to give me your opinions.

- What's better on the old V+HD (scientfic atlanta) than the Tivo?
- How does channel changing and menu time compare to the old V+HD box and the SKY+ boxes?
- Does the box have a tendency to lock up?
- How does the picture quality compare (via the scart) to V+HD and SKY+ boxes? (no HD telly yet)
- Can 'catch up' showings be archived to DVD (it was possible with V+HD)
- Does the box get hot in use? Does it need a large ventilation space?
- Anything else that really bugs you! about this box?

Thanks to everyone who has read this post. Please the more people who answer the better idea I have. Feel free to answer whichever question you like.

Regards,

John aka Bentex
Bentex is offline   Reply With Quote