View Single Post
Old 25-06-2010, 15:18   #5
eviehj
Inactive

eviehj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media and Alarm System

Thank you Rob - yes this is what my Alarm people suggested and mentioned the cutting of cables by burglars. They also mention the mobile phone thingummy as well.
Well I have to praise VM - 2 engineers came at 12.30 and have reconnected the system to the phone - seemed a fairly straightforward job. Problem now is that the alarm system is not working after trying to set it off to test and so another engineer has to come from the Alarm Company! (It started beeping late last night and I had to put code in to stop it, so may have further disabled it). They are anxious I sign up to this new system and said they may have problems getting the system operational as before. What a carry on!

Again, despite a lot of bad press regarding VM and their customer service, did finally get a positive result from them. They have assured me it is definitely connected now! It pays to be persistant and not take no for an answer.

Alarm engineers have just been and all is now back to working order. ToldWill still go for the Redcare package as I don't want this happening again.

Apparently this happens all the time with different phone companies so hope this gives a word of warning for others with alarm systems similar to mine.

Thanks again Rob for advice.

PS: VM have just rung to find out if everything is OK now !
eviehj is offline   Reply With Quote