Thread: TiVo TiVo Picture Quality
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2011, 11:43   #134
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: TiVo Picture Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
To be fair though, are you really sure on the quality of film 4 hd? not all the films on there are broadcast from proper HD transfers, some of them do look like they are upscaled (very well in some cases) but not in others.
I did my testing with Hero the other evening which was listed as being HD, a film visually breathtaking. Looked very good on Film4 and even better on Film4HD, but the difference wasn't massive.
I then did a similar check with the football on SkySports2 and SkySports2 HD - even though I didn't think the latter's PQ was that stunning, the difference between the two was more marked than my Film4 comparison.
All subjective though, of course. I tried both 720p and 1080i settings from the Tivo: I think the latter is marginally better for HD on my set but the former gives a slightly better SD picture.
On another note, I think Rubicon on BBC4 looked sharper this week on my Freeview recording than it did on my TiVo's
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote