View Single Post
Old 16-06-2010, 21:49   #5
stann0
cf.member

stann0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 15 tech visits and still no phone - what do I do?

Well, the tech turned up today - the same one that ordered a complete re-wire from the street to my house several months ago. He took one look and said they had only done a partial rewire (from the pavement to the outside connector box) and showed me the cable from there to my internal socket, which was totally knackered and had been letting in rain (as I thought). He did the rewire of that section himself and all seems OK now.

I should add that when the rewire from the pavement to the external junction box was done, it was of such a bad standard that they had to be called back twice to rectify it. Initially the cable was left running over paving blocks and could have tripped someone over!

What would be fair compensation for all this - not just for the loss of service but the incompetence of engineers not reading notes, not doing the proper work they were instructed to do, doing work to a laughably poor standard and general months of ball-ache? The guy I rang offered 2 weeks line rental (i.e. £5) which I thought was a bit of a joke!
stann0 is offline   Reply With Quote