View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 22:21   #30
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Superhub 3 and Netgear Powerline problem

why is it a sub-optimal setup. The latency between the shub and the router is practically non-existent. Tbh having a standalone router at the edge of the network (with everything else behind it) connected to a modem/isp is excellent network design. Putting another device in the chain isn't in any way slowing down the link. You are actually increasing the efficiency of your network by replacing a sub-par router with a high performance one. As an example, both myself and Kush have got Asus routers connected to shubs in modem mode and every week we have a gaming night with a few friends. Kush lives a good 130 miles from me yet his ping is 9ms when I host a game for 4 of us. I can guarantee it wouldn't be 9ms if both of our shubs were in router mode.

I am not arguing but if you had replied to my first post by saying that you have already got an Asus router and you have put the shub in modem mode and everything is now working ok we would have saved ourselves a lot of time. You shouldn't have any problems going forward and the shub will now actually perform better in modem mode for you than it would have done in router mode. The only thing you will need to concern yourself with in the future is router upgrades when you either need to accommodate faster wifi speeds of wan to lan throughput but that isn't going to be for a while.

Last edited by General Maximus; 06-06-2017 at 22:26.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote