View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 19:48   #26
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Superhub 3 and Netgear Powerline problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpsky View Post
No, when did I say that? I am obviously not using two routers simultaneously.
Quote:
I had two RT-AC66U in bridge mode
Quote:
You are absolutely right, however: 1. I do have proper routers

I have no idea what you've done, I've re-read your posts numerous times and your network setup is not completely clear. It's contradictory at best.

I understand your argument against an extra device is annoying - it's yet-another-thing, another plug socket used, but beyond that it's a far better system than the SH3 alone.

You keep saying you're using the Asus in "Bridge" mode. You even said you used two of them "in bridged mode". If this is the case, that's why you're having so many network issues - you don't need bridged mode. IF you've got a single asus router, put it in ROUTER mode, put the SH3 in modem mode and all of your configuration woes will disappear. Your Asus is far more capable as a router than the SH3 is. All those "IP tv settings" you had issues with? They'll just work. And there's no such thing as "signal degradation" here.

If you want to use a second Asus router in the mix (Which is unnecessary, but whatever), don't put that in bridged mode either. Either connect it directly via ethernet (or even powerlines) to the first Asus and put it in Access Point mode or if you want it to boost your wireless signal wirelessly, put it in repeater mode. Don't use bridge mode unless you know what you're doing.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote