View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 18:32   #24
stimpsky
Inactive

stimpsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superhub 3 and Netgear Powerline problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
It's worth noting that from other reports you can leave the SH3 in router mode, and just have any old network switch between the powerline adapter and the SH3.
That's a good idea and I might try this at one point. Thanks!

Quote:
Just to add, it also might be worth pushing the powerline adapter manufacturer on this.
Actually it seems to affect multiple manufacturers including Netgear and TP-Link. But if this can be solved with a simple firmware update, then yes why not.

Quote:
A compatibility issue between the SH3 and the powerline adapter will affect a tiny proportion of VM customers - those who use an incompatible adapter connected directly to the SH3 - and doesn't render the VM connection useless (other devices still work sir, so our broadband connection is working) so VM likely won't care.
It does interrupt broadband and intranet and I hope that this is not the official point of view of VM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
You are still using the shub in router mode though. What I am saying is that if you put the shub in modem mode and attach one of your Asus routers to it as the primary router then all your problems will be solved permanently. All you are looking at is a 50cm patch cable to connect the router to port 1 on the shub and an additional free power socket for the router.
No, when did I say that? I am obviously not using two routers simultaneously. I have set the SH3 to modem mode and the Asus router as router and it works fine, as did the SH3 until yesterday. I am looking at an unnecessary additional device with ethernet and power cables and its own problems. Or do you think Asus routers are free of errors? Actually I have had a lot of router related connections issues when I have used the RT-AC66U in bridge mode over the last years. Several firmware updates have improved stability though.
Anyhow, I got your point and I will see how it goes. Thanks!
stimpsky is offline   Reply With Quote