View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 17:17   #21
stimpsky
Inactive

stimpsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superhub 3 and Netgear Powerline problem

Quote:
nope
At least I was able to watch 4k TV a couple of days ago. Haven't tried with the Asus router yet.

Quote:
I don't understand why you would bother to invest in Asus routers and managed switches but not buy a proper router to manage your network for you.
You are absolutely right, however: 1. I do have proper routers 2. I do not want to place a router between the SH3 and the powerline adapters for the reasons outlined above 3. Everything worked perfectly fine until yesterday.

Quote:
If you don't, then your free router and do what you can with it and don't complain.
I am complaining about VM but I am posting here hoping that anybody has a solution how to get SH3+powerline adapters to work in a stable way. But OK, if it is common knowledge that these provider modem/router combinations are useless, then I might be wasting my time.

Quote:
Incidentally, if you have got an Asus router why isn't the shub in modem mode and you use the Asus router as your proper router?
That is exactly what I did and everything runs like before the SH3 stopped working. I guess I will have to stick to this set up and hope for an unexpected firmware update. Cheers!
stimpsky is offline   Reply With Quote