View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 16:32   #20
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Superhub 3 and Netgear Powerline problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpsky View Post
I expect it to have such basic functionality as a reliable DHCP server for a few dozens of device
nope, it can't handle it

Quote:
and an optimized pass through of signal to its own IP TV devices.
nope

Quote:
. If that breaks down upon connection to a powerline adapter then this sucks and again I am wasting time troubleshooting, calling VM helplines, writing here etc only because most probably the cheapest of the cheapest materials were used to make 1c of profit.
you are absolutely correct hence my initial post and why I said if you buy a proper router you set it up, everything works perfectly, you never have to touch it again and if your connection drops you know it is the wan connection and nothing else. As an example with shub1, the wifi didn't work at all despite it being called a "superhub" and advertising it as having "unbeatable" wifi and if you connected a console to it (can't remember whether it was the xbox one or ps3) it would lock up. VM klnew it was an issue for well over a year yet instead of admitting it and fixing it they would let customers ring up, dick about on the phone with remote support and try changing the wifi settings on the shub and the network adapter settings on your client. You are new to the forum so you many not be familiar with all the stories and hundreds of posts that I have read over the years but despite dodgy untested firmware which VM bang out on every version of the shub, there are other issues with the hardware as well (puma chipset) which you will see in another thread in this section.

I may have jumped the gun a bit but I can't write an essay explaining the history of the shub every time somebody has a problem. The shub is crap and if you want to do anything more than connect a couple of pc's for internet access then buy a proper router. If you don't, then your free router and do what you can with it and don't complain. I don't understand why you would bother to invest in Asus routers and managed switches but not buy a proper router to manage your network for you.

Incidentally, if you have got an Asus router why isn't the shub in modem mode and you use the Asus router as your proper router?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote