View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 12:56   #19
stimpsky
Inactive

stimpsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superhub 3 and Netgear Powerline problem

Quote:
not really, I find 3rd party router gui's quite easy to use and definitely more so than the shub where they screw things up by stripping out features. You have got to remember though, once it is setup that is it, you'll never have to touch it again
Yes/No. I had two RT-AC66U in bridge mode in my previous house connecting the TV and equipment to the BT modem which I had to buy off ebay to bypass the also crappy BT build-in router. I lost many hours of quality live time setting this up by trial and error adjustments of undocumented settings.

Quote:
I don't think you understand what a router does and why a proper one would be beneficial to you
OK, then give me a few examples in which way my RT-AC66U with WiFi radio switched off is superior to the build-in SH3 router given that speeds and stability were perfect for a month? Which fantastic new effects can I expect, 4D internet??

If Virgin Media decides to ship a consumer device with an integrated router, I expect it to have such basic functionality as a reliable DHCP server for a few dozens of devices and an optimized pass through of signal to its own IP TV devices. If that breaks down upon connection to a powerline adapter then this sucks and again I am wasting time troubleshooting, calling VM helplines, writing here etc only because most probably the cheapest of the cheapest materials were used to make 1c of profit.
stimpsky is offline   Reply With Quote