View Single Post
Old 28-12-2016, 16:47   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Russian doping: Officials admit to existence of doping programme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
They are a bit different to other nations where its been rogue coaches/individuals. There's has been the organised, state sponsored, intrinsic norm. This latest admission is only a tactic so they can start competing again as they've exhausted other avenues.

If we and the rest of the world had any bottle we'd boycott the next football world cup, which the Russians 'bought' from crooked FIFA.

Having said that I'm not convinced by the cycling set up in this country. Cleaner than clean ? maybe.
It's pretty astonishing we're going ahead with a World Cup that stunk of corruption and is being hosted in a country well noted for it's football hooliganism and rampant racism among other things such as it's quite large homophobic population.

But I agree, Russia are likely the largest in the state sponsored department. It's as you put, more a case of individuals and rogue coaches. Jamaica has and has had one of the worst set of testing policies in world sport and they dominate various sprinting events. They could quite literally dope their way through training and submit clean tests at events.

British Cycling does worry me a bit but given the money spent on it, I feel like we could expect such rewards from it without having to suspect foul play, obviously Lance Armstrong and co helped re-assure no one on this front and it's been the question mark ever since.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-12-2016 at 16:51.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote