Thread: Sky and ZEEBOX
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 01:26   #11
Vicki
Permanently Banned

Vicki can only hope to improve
Re: Sky and ZEEBOX

Did anyone use the Zeebox video whilst watching got to dance??? I did although not my favourite show it worked really well.

I guess ZEEBOX intergration is Sky's answer to TiVo. An as it's not on the actual PVR there is no patent issue. I also think it not being on the box is a massive benefit as you don't have to access the planner therefore it doesn't interrupt viewing. Once fully inter grated into the Sky+ app so we can go straight to a show from zeebox it's going to be a TiVo beater.

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Just seen a Zeebox advert at half time in the Liverpool Arsenal game. No mention of the Sky element though.

S
I don't thi k sky want zeebox seen as exclusive. The idea MIGHT BE that users from all platforms get comfortable with Zeebox. Then they will want to go to sky as Zeebox is inter grated into sky's platform. Familiarity is something consumers love.

If they already no how to use zeebox an Infact are using it then coming to sky will be easy users will feel at home with zeebox on sky. If there friends are using it on facebook an talking about the extra features on sky that will encourage people to move to sky.

TiVo for example is on its own limited to VM ZEEBOX is already part of your Facebook and twitter, soon it will be part of how you not only watch but also control your sky tv. Very exciting times ahead.
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote