View Single Post
Old 14-01-2008, 11:33   #10
Mauldor
Inactive

Services: 50mbit, Base TV, Base Phone
Mauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Connection Dropping On Heavy Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Maybe this has nothing to do with it but I recall reading on some forum about someone with similar symptoms. It turned out to be an issue with a version of the download manager he was using.
I never noticed the Issue before until the end of 2007 - I generally hardly touch Torrents and News Group (NTL One), downloading is Light but Patches, Game Updates etc do kick in from time to time. The only change of Habit on my part is that I have started to pop along to Ustream to both Watch stream's and also on occasion, broadcast myself - this only sending one lot of data to Ustream server not everyone who watches.

I do not understand why the Throttling Stops at 9pm but if you are breech, you can be cut back all the way to 2am if you do it wrong. What Data is classed in that total, is that ANY data in or out or are they able to work out your downloading or doing something on the web??

I am seriously now thinking of moving, even if ASDL does the same thing, I would rather not be paying £30 for this.

Update: I have just Cancelled my broadband after the many offers of £10 a month for 2mbit (why??), I would rather pay £10 a month and get a crap connection then £30, no amount of Half price for 3 Months is going to help this time.
Mauldor is offline   Reply With Quote