View Single Post
Old 13-01-2008, 22:15   #6
Mauldor
Inactive

Services: 50mbit, Base TV, Base Phone
Mauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Connection Dropping On Heavy Usage

I think this fits in with my fault, so I'll tap on to the end of this thread if you don't mind.

I am on 4mbit and a ye old S4100 Modem (stand alone) and recently I have noticed that as soon as I start to do anything on the line such as Downloading a File, maybe get a torrent (with max 10k upload - my upload speed is about 40k i think) or try and get something from the newsgroups - what happens is everyting else is 100% unresponsive and I cannot browse the net until stop the download / upload and wait for a while.

Now I watched grabbing from NTL Newsgroups at 1am, which we agree is outside the Throttling - it starts off full speed, halfs and then halfs again (so 400, 200, 100) and finally it stops dead.

From my reading of the forum, I was to understand that it picks the top 5%, throttles them down to half for 4 hours (which is not the case) and does this again and again. I see this as Silly if this is really what is happening and personally my connection is almost un-usable unless all I do is send emails (long as no attachments) and browse web site.
Mauldor is offline   Reply With Quote