View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 23:48   #3
vaidast
Inactive

vaidast is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Connection Dropping On Heavy Usage

Hi there,

i have problems with Virgin media too.
Before I was using telewest. was quite good. then i moved and in new area already was virgin (before here was ntl).
I signed for L size broadband.
after some time of using, realised that speed is quite low. I checked on virgin’s page upgrade section. they like checked my modem gave me 2 options: size L and XL.
means i had size M.
I called to customer service to ask about that, and lady was keeping assert that I on size L.
after 20 min argues I gave up.
I just by my self change broadband size on those page.
and what you thing, I’ve got my normal speed same moment.
Today another situation. Actually from yesterday, my broadband speed was really slow. I've tried couple of times reboot modem and router (I sit on wireless). Nothing happens. After last reboot, i called again to customer service (that expensive line). Lady keep asking me to reboot modem and connect computer direct by cable. Dammn, i live in 3rd floor and use desktop computer. My modem and router in first floor. I just can't do this.
again... I am not too patient. ..drop the phone.
but you wouldn't believe, after I reboot one more time modem, my speed jumped to the sky...

Magic??? Probably.
... or just cheaty trick...

I already start to think to change provider.
You can have a look to virgins site. they started to reduce speed for users, who downloading more then average user.
Sorry, but I signet for unlimited download..
They braking those own agreement....
vaidast is offline   Reply With Quote