View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 12:42   #2627
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
For those who need a SCART to feed DVD recorders and RF modulators there's always the option of (yet another box) an HDMI to SCART convertor though so far the ones I've looked at don't seem to support the latest HDMI 2.1 standard (most are 1.3) so may fail to handle HDCP (rights protected) encoded material properly.
Or you could just stick with Tivo.

Point is that Tivo outputs to scart/hdmi simultaneously letting you use the HDMI for your main TV and the scart for other purposes (copying recordings to DVD, outputting to a video sender). In this respect the V6 is much less versatile - suspect there are commercial reasons behind it. Guess it depends on your set up and what you want to do. I'm glad I found about this issue before 'upgrading'.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote