View Single Post
Old 23-11-2016, 09:48   #3095
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
I'd say that's many, many years away from being a possibility. Netflix don't really have that many shows when you remove the supposed Originals that aren't actually their own programs. Then factor in that people have different tastes and those that like every single thing they make will be in the minority it becomes even less appealing.
I consider myself pretty choosy when it comes to what I watch, but I don't think most people would agree that Netflix has limited choice at all. Like most, I don't do all my viewing from one place, but even if I did, it would take me a long time to get through all the choice they have to offer, even if I watched TV all day, every day as well as the evenings.

The original series are brilliant, and the supplementary material is vast. It would certainly keep most people watching TV regularly for about 2 to 3 hours per night fully satisfied.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I don't think this is relevant for us in the UK as we get all the Amazon (US) original shows already including exclusive ones like AMC's Into The Badlands.

What I'm waiting to see in the future is whether Netflix and Amazon ditch everything but their own made content as that would go against the original point of these streaming services.

The speed at which Netflix, in particular, is making their own shows (and films too now) they will soon have a archive of content to rival even the biggest Hollywood studios and tv producers.
I would be surprised if Netflix abandoned all the non-original shows in the future. For many, a big part of the attraction is to have a nice selection of films to choose from through a subscription, rather than PPV.