View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 10:43   #2661
Wiggz
cf.addict

Wiggz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Just sticking to what I have observed only: During the evening blip over the last three nights my down speed has been reduced to <50Mb and there has been buffering on streamed HD, something that never happens when there is not a blip.

Whatever its cause this aberration is unacceptable especially considering this is a repeat of symptoms I had less than a month ago.

As before, the blip has a very sharp onset and decline. Something changes abruptly at these times. Here I will allow myself to speculate.

This kind of change is not typical of the gradual build up and decrease of congestion you would expect with folk getting home from work and, later, going to bed. Some change is being made either automatically or manually to network configuration or network load in my area at these times.

Is this local or general? I do not know. How many others are getting this effect and where are they?

Only just started to monitor the BB using think, but I can say my experience is also bad during "contention-rich" periods at night. Last night was shocking up to about 10pm, then I gave up.

I work for a managed provider of cloud services and I know how difficult it can be to have everything running flawlessly all the time. The only difference between the company I work for and VM, is that we actively contact the Customers (or post so they can see) to inform them of what the issue is, and why it's occuring, and follow up with an incident report.

Would be nice if we got something akin to transparency....however coming out and saying "Yeah, we're overloaded" wouldn't help their projections!
Wiggz is offline   Reply With Quote