View Single Post
Old 17-12-2016, 22:28   #2431
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PtolemyIV View Post
Re. SSD or SATA, I totally agree with you and £25 a drive does seem impossible whoever you are... so you are most likely right but the guy was oddly adamant despite my repeated probing whilst I waited for the box to reboot! To the extent I was asking how to safely turn off the box and he was like 'oh, just pull the switch - its ssd so doesnt matter'
It doesn't have an SSD, but he was right that you can just power it off. The heads will park themselves, and any database inconsistencies will get sorted out next time it boots up. Just don't move the box until the disc has stopped - 10 seconds after powering off should be enough.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote