View Single Post
Old 14-11-2016, 17:17   #1158
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Is it the fee that VM charges customers for non-return? That doesn't mean that is how much Tivo is worth or costs VM, it's a figure that VM uses to encourage return of the equipment. The same psychology as a potential parking fine.
Regarding how much a Tivo box is valued at, I believe that VM follows accounting practice and depreciates the value over five years to zero so some of the Tivo boxes will be on VM's balance sheet for £0 by now.
Of course, if you don't return a box then VM may have to purchase a replacement Tivo but I doubt it pays anything like £150 per box.
Yes, it's the non return fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Currently the non-return cost for the current TiVo box is £78, not £150.

The Hub 3.0 non-return cost is £34.
In the packaging that I was sent to return the TiVo by taking it to a collection point, it said that if the TiVo never reached VM, a £150 charge would be applied.

This was another reason why I wanted VM to pick up the box, as the way this is worded suggests that if someone returned a box to a collection point and it went astray, the former customer would be blamed and charged £150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, I suppose I should have guessed it. The VM guy said that all he knew was that customers could complete the online form to indicate an interest in being amongst the first to receive the new box.

He knew nothing about the 30 November event or any ability to pre-order the boxes, so clearly, Virgin are keeping their cards close to their collective chest.

Well, unless I hear to the contrary, I shall be on the blower to Virgin first thing on 1 December, with fingers tightly crossed.
This was exactly my reason for escalating my complaint upwards after deciding that it was make or break time between myself & VM.

There are approximately 2 million TiVos out there, but, apparently, only 10,000 will be given out this year...

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 14-11-2016 at 17:31.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote