View Single Post
Old 23-10-2009, 12:57   #10
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star
Re: If it got stolen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
Only at the vendors of Operating Systems and Applications, and the thieving low-life scumbags, that make it necessary to go to these sorts of lengths just to protect your own data

TBH I probably take the security of the data on my machines waaaaaaaaay to seriously. For what's actually on them the precautions that I take could be considered OTT, I'd rather be safe than sorry though
Best way to be though isn't it?

I think the creators of the OS will always be fighting a losing battle if they attempted to make them ultra-secure. I mean, just using the machine makes them insecure to a degree, then there's everyone trying to pick holes in the OS...

EDIT:
As for personal data, you'd get my name + email address, possibly a cookie or two for a few websites and an old payslip or two. (Which are devoid of any really useful details)
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote