View Single Post
Old 21-07-2017, 17:14   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Stupidly slow broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper View Post
Broadband speed slower than dial up. Cannot contact virgin, as I have a BT phoneline, and get lost in system of selection of problem. Live chat nobody ever there always busy. Seems like I will be leaving virgin as soon as I can sort out a new ISP. I am paying for 200meg and getting 1.8.
I wanted to reply to this this morning and didn't have time. Instead of having a whinge and threatening to move you need to provide more information to either us or VM in order to try and ascertain what the problem is.
My first question is which device(s) are you having the issue with and is it connected by cable or wirelessly to the shub?
Secondly, how are you running the speed test. Can you go to www.speedtest.net and run the test from there selecting your closest Virgin Media server. When the test has completed click on share result, forum and then copy and past the code here. It will look something like this:

Assuming that you are using a laptop or PC with a wired connection we can assume there aren't any issues with the lan side of things and need to look at the wan connection (the shub's network connection to VM).
If you have got the shub in router mode click here and click on router status. We need to take a look at the following information which I have posted below. Please do the same.

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote