View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 18:42   #2474
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Since TCC moved from COM8 to SDN on Freeview and exchanged LCNs / EPG slots with Blaze, it has started showing A&E sourced content and channel promotions during the 4am - 6am slot rather than simulcasting Community Channels content. So it would appear that someone was indeed aware of plans to schedule different content... interesting!

A strange development for the Community Channel, it will be interesting to see how this develops.
Was the commercially produced content that you mentioned before produced by A&E? Are the promotions for the Community Channel or A&E/Blaze?

It is a surprising situation!

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Re: Freesports, Fox News etc.

I wonder if VM could get away with pseudo adding these to the EPG by doing a BBC3? They wouldn't be showing these channels without authorisation, but simply pointing viewers to a publically available internet stream!

I don't think that ITV offer a live internet stream, so if they continue to demand retransmission fees perhaps VM could do a deal with tvPlayer??

Not that I'd want to encourage this as we wouldn't be able to record anything.

Edit: I can't find a live stream for Freesports, so if they don't offer this my idea wouldn't be possible (I've sent them a message to ask them).

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 01-09-2017 at 18:52.