View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 20:13   #63
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
No, you you are never patronising.

You have answered my question though. Inability to counteract congestion for testing purposes seems to be a fatal flaw. TBB cannot use the monitoring tool installed on my PC, and thousands of others, as the basis for a national survey of comparative ISP speeds. Does anyone actually disagree with this conclusion? If so, on what basis?
i agree the program in it current format cant be used for national isp statis

however if they changed the program to work liek this..

firs tthey find out your advertised conneciton speed, when th test runs it checks the serve for ulsations ie they maybe know they have 1gbit connection, so it check ok we have 5 100mb users on we have neough bandwdiht to do another etst and runs the test.

however if it checks and find it currently has 9 100mb user a 50 mb user a 20mb user and it wants to runanotehr 100mb test it wait or some of the test to finish so there neough bandwidht to test it sand then it runs but it also makes sure no one else can connect until ther eis enough bandwidht so use first come first sevrer piraioty system
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote