View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 14:28   #2
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Best Router to Use with Home Hub 3

A lot depends on what you want to do with your router. If you want a good media server, secure VPN for your phones and when you are abroad then go for something beefier. If you want only good WiFi all over your house then you go for cheap wired-in access points, instead of a router, to get around those walls and fridges.

This isn't necessarily a recommendation, but I have gone for a an ASUS RT-AC88U for it's power, throughput, excellent wifi, USB 3 ports, media server, VPN, game boost mode and Alexa support. In my largish house I still supplement the wifi and media storage space with my old ASUS N66U wired in from the attic.

Hopefully, you will get lots of recommendations, but do focus on what you actually want now and might want in the future.
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote