View Single Post
Old 27-11-2017, 13:10   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Lack of Evidence of Social Media Russian Propaganda to Political Campaigns in Wes

I was listening to someone talking about the rise of right wing, Trump's victory and Brexit on the radio a few months ago. She said something that actually makes sense. She compared the various campaigns, and found one thing that Trump, Brexiteers and the right wing had in common when campaigning. The message of their campaigns could be boiled down to a simple statement that things are broken, and they can fix them. Clinton and the remain campaign both essentially said "Things are OK, but need a little improvement. I can improve them", but that does not resonate as much as saying things are broken. It may or not be true that things were alright, but I've long thought that in a political campaign, the truth is often the last thing people worry about.

Regarding the rumoured Russian campaign to get Trump elected, I believe it happened. I don't know whether I believe it had any appreciable effect on the election. I'd like to believe that it didn't. However, experience teaches me not to believe that. In my experience, people are far too ready to believe what they read online without questioning it. That said, I would HOPE that people are a little more careful when they are deciding who to vote for.

However, that is, from what I understand, a very small part of the investigation.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote