Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2017, 23:09   #308
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Dear god no.

Don't take the interesting, and serious, casting of Whittaker and accompany with Bradley Walsh. That's a major red flag as to the direction of the series if they do that.
I think Bradley Walsh can actually be a good actor. While the thought they might have cast him because he is famous rather than a good actor (thus bringing back memories of Bonnie Langford), it’s worth remembering that when they’ve done this, it’s actually turned out well more than it hasn’t. Yes Bonnie was bad, and David Thewlis wasn’t that great, but I think most of Bonnie Langford’s stories were badly written (she is actually a good actress) and while David Thewlis’s story wasn’t badly written, it was a bit dull. David played his part well, it’s just the character was dull.

Of the other famous companions, Kylie was actually quite good (although, again, she didn’t have a great story) and Catherine Tate was brilliant, after a shaky start.

I think with good writing, Bradley Walsh could play the part well.

I’d recommend watching the new series for a few episodes. If I hadn’t have done this when Chris Ecclestone was playing the doctor, I would have not got past “Aliens Of London”
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote