View Single Post
Old 18-10-2017, 12:11   #395
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Ugh. Okay it is breaktime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
This is true, just look at all these other countries that are outside the EU they seem to be doing ok?
Indeed. Many of them in their own trade areas and a number having other agreements with the European Union.

Perhaps most pertinently none apart from Greenland have ever been members of the EU. Given that, apples and oranges.

Quote:
I saw an article a while ago that stated "David Cameron" EU laws are only 14% over the UK while "Nigel Farage" said actually it's about 75%

So there you have it the EU has got that much of a grip over the UK they don't even know what is UK law and what is EU law.
https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-law-w...influenced-eu/

20 seconds on Google.

Incidentally every law in the UK is a UK law. We transpose EU law into UK law as and when, referencing the directives in question, but Parliament are sovereign and can, at their discretion, refuse to do so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-35630757

For the difference between directives and regulations as I imagine Nigel Farage wouldn't have mentioned that.

Quote:
We have allowed the likes of Germany and France to totally take over, there is talk about how the UK has it's own laws and only a small percentage is EU related "pro-remainer" point of view.

In reality we have screwed up we have allowed other nations "mainly two" to get a grip around the throat of the UK we can't even take a crap without permission these days. If the laws relating to the EU and trade were so small then why is it taking so long?
The first paragraph above: it's baseless nonsense peddled by people trying to cause grief that Germany and France have taken over. While the UK has never engaged in the EU as fully as Germany and France our influence has been deep, as would be expected from what was the second largest economy, and we were appreciated as both a counter-weight to Germano-Franco influence and a force for free trade within the EU.

The internal market was driven by the UK. The expansion to the east was driven by the UK.

It makes little sense that you think the UK would do superbly outside of the EU, having to deal with the likes of China and the United States but can be so cucked by Germany and France.

Quote:
Any law changes in the UK have to be approved with the EU that make sure it doesn't affect them. This is also proven with trade you trade with the EU or you trade with the world it's one or the other.
Germany obviously didn't get that memo. Neither evidently did the EU given the various bilateral agreements in addition to free trade agreements they have. The first sentence is nonsense. The EU does not 'approve' every law. If that were the case there would be no disputes that needed to be resolved. Parliament is sovereign.

Quote:
This is just trade, we haven't even scratched the surface on anything else EU related.
We're in a trade bloc with a deep integration of economies. We have a common customs area and an internal market that we have agreed to comply with. What do you think that means? You make trade deals you don't get to unilaterally change the terms of them.

Quote:
They want to go down the Federal state route but why is this never mentioned by remainers?
Because firstly that's not true, some seem to want to, others don't, and regardless it's irrelevant to the UK as you'd know if you went beyond tabloid reports. The UK cannot be compelled to join a federal state, we would both have a veto over the creation of it in the first place and to join it would trigger a referendum here.

Most of those who wish to remain that I know reference it with disdain.

Quote:
Just look at the October EU summit of the 27 nations they were told not to talk about Brexit or meet about it till December now. By who Germany and France?.
They're talking about Brexit on Friday.

Quote:
I'm not falling for all The bullying coming from Europe because all this scare mongering crap is back handers to those behind closed doors to instill fear to the UK public and businesses.
And yet you are happy to drink in the scaremongering from media, some politicians, and those who have personal gain to be made from the whole process when it's what you want to hear or confirms your own prejudices. Go figure.

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Quote:
Call me what you want a person with no knowledge of the EU but I've seen enough to say bye and I don't give a stuff what a pro-remainer thinks.
Indeed. You have no interest in hearing anything you don't agree with.

Let's hope in the longer term you're proven right.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its what you call unintended consequences told to me by a man far wiser then l.
If the Conservatives do carry on making a complete mess up of our exit from the EU and Corbyn and company get a majority and start working their 'magic' it should be interesting to see how strong the bubbles some people seem to live in are. What would it take before they start, even to themselves, thinking that there may be a little regret creeping in?