View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:19   #45
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by caggy View Post
Hi,

Can someone tell me why you would buy one of the Ross's freesat dishes ahead of a normal freeview box, aren't the channels pretty much the same?
Long term, the prospects for a decent selection of HD channels are far, far better with satellite than with terrestrial. However, I still wouldn't buy a Ross box because they are not Freesat accredited. You will get all the same channels on the Ross box as with a branded Freesat box but you're unlikely to see extra goodies like the BBC iPlayer appearing on non-Freesat boxes.

I would say, unless you are a particular fan of the few channels that are on Freeview but not Freesat (basically Dave, UKTV History, Fiver and Five US), a branded Freesat HD box is a far better purchase than a new Freeview HD box.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote