Thread: Cricket The General Cricket Thread
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2005, 06:39   #72
Gogogo

Re: Cricket

Now that I've had the opportunity to catch up on the Test match with Australia, I must admit I'm not surprised at the rather lack lustre performance of the England (not forgetting the Welsh members) team with some exceptions. Few would deny that this is the best team for years, they have the energy the enthusiam and they are a real team.

The writing was on the wall with the last series in South Africa it was to say the least a struggle. Now facing the Australians is a real test of skills. What I have seen is more like schoolboy cricket. Strauss has been the most disappointing one wonders whether the selectors could have kept Thorpe a little longer and played him rather than Strauss, give Strauss a rest but too late now. Kevin Pieterson is a real star more than once he has made a contribution that has saved the team now if he can handle bowlers of the calibre of a McGrath and McGrath is very good, then so should the other leading batsman. Don't these guys study the form the methods are they not doing their homework!

Well let's wait and see what happens today!