View Single Post
Old 26-10-2008, 22:34   #61
tehazza
Inactive

tehazza is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Config file help

stop moaning about nothing, it used to be the other way around on the 4meg anyway, langley and bromley had 400kbit and knowsley had 384kbit its just the old legacy things, and we've had our fiar share of good things, ntl used to have sky one 2 and 3 and telewest only had sky one.

there is no point in disrupting the system by doing this change, may aswell wait until speed upgrades then unify the speeds cross platform.

I still do believe that there are some channels that are not cross platform and are exclusive to telewest areas and/or ntl areas.

if you really want to get picky langley areas are in a bad way as they only have 6mhz channel widths, only allowing 30mbit at QAM64, and 40mbit on qam256 whereas old cable and wireless bromley fed and telewest knowsley fed areas run on 8mhz channel widths, meaning 40mbit on QAM64 and 50mbit on QAM256

All you people moaning are expecting the world from a company which is:
a)not in the best shape financially and in the public eye
b)impossible or near on impossible to fully merge into one whole platform considering the vast differences in equipment nationwide due to the entire company once being over 50 franchises.

and before you say i am in a telewest area, no im not. im in a bromley fed area and i am on 2meg aswell:P
tehazza is offline   Reply With Quote