View Single Post
Old 22-12-2016, 14:55   #1018
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Whether Murdoch takes the plunge and invests heavily in his own cable infrastructure is another matter. Murdoch Snr has always said he wouldn't. But I don't think, for the reasons you state, that he, Murdoch Jnr, will have a choice.

The young folk of today are consuming media on various devices and when they get older they will STILL want access services on multiple devices. A satellite dish fixed to a house doesn't cut it...
Good post.
I would have expected Sky to bypass a cable infrastructure and go directly to 5G. However, their lucklustre mobile offering seems to suggest this is unlikely but it would make sense to me.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote