View Single Post
Old 19-04-2017, 17:46   #1072
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy Sources has confirmed that MADE IN TEESSIDE tests has started on Virgin Media UK.
It showed up as testing on the NGRHEE Bromley network before Easter but I was unable to check if it was running in the background on the Teesside network, as that is, unfortunately, on the ex-NTL group of networks (NIT data for the ex-NTL group can't be seen from the ex-Telewest / ex-C&W / ex-Smallworld group).

At the same time it was noted that Cambridge TV was no longer in the Network Information Tables for NGRHEE Bromley. Also Bay TV Swansea had been removed from the NIT tables of NGRHEE Bromley, NGRHEE Knowsley, TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE) networks. All of those are networks used for internal testing. Cambridge TV & Bay TV Swansea remain in the Service Description Table and, presumably, on their respective regional networks (I can't confirm that as they are both on the ex-NTL group).

As far as "tests" go:

Viceland showed up in the NIT tables of TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE), TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & Code Download Test (Portsmouth).

Fox News Channel was in the NIT tables of TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE), TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE), NGRHEE Bromley & NGRHEE Knowsley.

No progress with those.

Point of interest: NIT tables of NGRHEE Bromley, TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & Manchester TRIALS networks include: RTE One, RTE Two & TG4 - presumably for monitoring purposes, I wouldn't expect those to be made available on customer facing networks other than those in Northern Ireland.

Various internal tests continue to show up on the NIT tables of VM's internal networks. Frequency tests appear in the NIT for various regional networks, although many of these have been observed as currently being inactive.

No major developments unfortunately.

Last edited by jj20x; 19-04-2017 at 17:50.