Thread: New Build Woes
View Single Post
Old 30-03-2017, 20:27   #1
duncan.stevenson
cf.member

Services: VIVID200 Gamer, Mix TV with V6 TiVo
duncan.stevenson is an unknown quantity at this point
New Build Woes

I recently moved into a brand new home which is wired for Virgin Media. There have been some delays getting people activated, and I'm being told that power needs to be put into the new cabinet (or something to that effect). This is apparently going to happen, but timescales are non-existing through official channels and all of the information I have received has come third hand through CALA Homes sales team.

I was wondering if anyone on the inside had any knowledge about what's happening and how long I can expect it to take. We're currently on ADSL and receiving 1.7Mb/s, which is basically unusable. We moved from about 60Mb FTTC service, and cannot wait to get activated on 300/20 when available.

The other issue we have is that when I go onto the Virgin Media checker, our house number doesn't come up. Only number 1, 3, 5, 7, and 8. Number 8 has active services, and 1, 3, 5, and 7 are in the build stage according to Virgin, but coming soon. My concern is that 1, 3, 5, and 7 are the properties on the street which aren't even occupied yet, so why they're listed already but the other homes in the street which were built first are not (except 8).

Anyone who can offer some guidelines on what's actually happening and how long these things take would be my new best friend. This was the most recent update passed on from Virgin, which makes very little sense to me as it's pretty jargon-y:

Quote:
The Power Meter has been requested to fall behind the Power Connection, once this is in we can then call of the Telco Mux Cabinet which sits next to the existing cab and then get it all tested & certified by an electrician.
The fibre is in place already as I asked for this to be pulled in a couple of months ago – however it’s not spliced as we require the Telco Mux to be in situ.
We have some Headend works & testing to undertake once the fibre is spliced then once we get the go ahead we can get the 2 cabinets within the Cala development cabled and made live.
No idea what much of that means.

If anyone can help, our postcode is FK2 8SL. I'd really appreciate it!
duncan.stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote