View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 21:30   #166
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdraig View Post
if that's to me i would have to say its on the topic of worrying news

If you have as I have done gone through this process of changing over it is not for quite a few an easy or fair

Lots of the questions do not reflect the rule they are asking about and often the person asking doesn't really know what they are asking about either ( and that's me being diplomatic as a few are positively trying to trip people up or just lie about answers you give)

i will just so some may learn ( i may have mentioned this in other threads ) mention just 1 question one that in real terms decides if your worthy of a car ( mobility component )

you are asked Can you stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided.

the rules this applies to though is not mentioned this needs to be answered as yes but fails to mention that this is supposed to be something you can do more than once in a reasonable time and with out pain.

I quote from another place

"On 1 February 2013, the government agreed to amend the proposed rules so that the assessment of PIP eligibility should take account of whether the claimant can not just complete an activity, such as walking 20 metres, but do this:
  • Safely
  • Reliably
  • Repeatedly, and
  • In a reasonable time period."
however some of the assessors seem unaware or just ignore this and as of last form i have seen is not mentioned in it.

so if a persons who have the attitude you can leave the house and work you cant be severely disabled could be assessors I would say it is something you should worry about and be forearmed for.
Exactly.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote