Thread: US Timeline V - 2009 : Season 1
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 15:41   #67
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
re: V - 2009 : Season 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust View Post
Well I thought it was excellent and felt the pace was perfectly fine (and I reckon the original mini-series is one of the finest things ever filmed, slow-paced though it is these days).
I think the original was so good because the creator was actually writing a story about facism, and specifically about the Nazi treatment of the Jewish peoples (replace the jews with the humans and the nazis with the visitors). As such, the original story, although science fiction, felt like it could be real.

The new one doesn't have that, but it has introduced several new concepts, and while the first episode was a bit patchy, it did introduce several potentially intresting plotlines.

Spoiler: 

I found it interesting that in one section of the program, the mentioned that the visitors had been engineering wars, terrorist incidents and various distasters. It then mentioned that they were planning Universal Healthcare and it seemed as though the script writer was putting this on the same platform as the terrorist. Never thought of the NHS as a terrorist organisation..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote