View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 19:38   #41
Cronus
Inactive

Cronus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CNN: "PS3 is dying on the shelves"

Interesting debate...i also have both and my opinions are....

Yes Sony did cock up badly with the release and arrogant assumption that the fan base would buy no matter the price...they have been soundly beaten by Microsoft in the present gen battle. However i don't see the doom and gloom that all these attention seeking hacks perpetuate in the press...yes it's expensive and they are making a loss on each one sold and maybe the majority of people aren't that interested in BD yet...but they will as the digital age becomes more digital and high def becomes the standard. The PS3 BD player IS the best player on the market for the simple virtue that it is one of the few players that is fully compliant with the latest BD revisions (which i think are at 2.0) and can always be fully compliant through dowloadable firmware updates.
Also the PS3 has a far better processor than the Xbox and Sony have spent a ton on getting it into the PS3, apparently it's a complete pig to program for so it's been difficult to get developers onside and really push the tittles out..however they are getting more used to the cell processor and i truly believe we will start to see some great games come out for it, it's a processor that Sony will stick with in the rumored PS4 so once they get it right on the PS3 most of the hard work is done...the Xbox has all this to come in it's next gen Xbox '720' if the rumors of going completely in-house with hardware development are true. If Microsoft make any big changes to the processing end of their next console it could well be a role reversal of what we have now...pure speculation i know.

As for me, all my friends have Xbox 360's so to play online with them i needed to get one. If i'm looking at getting a new game i look to see what it's online gaming capabilities are and if it's one that me and my friends will play, if it's not and it's available on the PS3 then i buy it in that format
Cronus is offline   Reply With Quote