View Single Post
Old 17-02-2012, 10:40   #67
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Sky BB fibre product

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
What makes you think it will be any better than BT or Virgin?

BT will purposely undercut the service for Sky/Easynet, just so that BT will remain more cost effective and faster for marketing purposes.
Virgin still has the best Broadband in the UK!

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
The money spent leasing BT's equipment and network may well be better spent expanding the existing cable network to streets missed out and new builds and in non-cabled areas like Aberdeen, perhaps the Fujitsu project could help with that.

As for Milton Keynes, the existing Cable network needs a lot of work and the way BT has set it up is very clever to the point where Ofcom is finding it hard to intervene as it is part of BT Global services, a business which is deemed as commercial and non-pre dominant like Openreach. I don't understand why NTL took over the Milton Keynes and Westminster areas in the first place
Could they upgrade and reativate the Cable Networks in the Isle of Dogs, Barbican and Aberdeen?

Could they also puchase the BT Cable Networks in Milton Keynes and Wesmister?

Would you also mind explain to me in more detail about the Fujitsu project (I know is a IPTV serivce, but not much elise)?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote