Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2017, 09:03   #114
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
since bbc or itv don't have UHD and unlikely too by June no
Actually, Dave, this is the post that you originally put on here. You went on to argue that this was a fact.

It is certainly a fact that broadcast UHD channels do not currently exist. No argument about that.

But are you seriously basing your argument on there never being UHD channels in the future? That is, because there are no such channels now, there never will be?

In any case, I have explained to you a few times that the BBC i-Player has already demonstrated its capability to provide us with UHD pictures - I've seen the video myself on my Sony UHD TV, and it was excellent quality.

Given that the feed will be provided by FIFA, this makes the Beeb's job an awful lot easier. This is an excellent opportunity for the BBC to make their mark in the UHD world. It would certainly be a national embarrassment if other European countries were able to bring the World Cup to their citizens and the 'once mighty' UK could not.

I see absolutely no reason for the BBC not rising to this challenge. Why do you not see it this way?

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I never said it didn't have the ability to do that will it we have to wait and see on that
Well, that clears that up, then.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote