View Single Post
Old 17-02-2013, 20:42   #13
jf123
Inactive

jf123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

hi all i work for mj quinn and am from the lancashire area they r quite good to work for and pay well i am in and out of area all the time , i am working away this coming week and only got told at 20 to 4 on friday which isnt ideal to be honest but that is contracting at the end of the day ! regarding pay its different all the time , if you are on managed installs ( fibre ) you are on £22.50 a job and if you are on copper provisions there are 4 rates of pay per job ,

rate 1 ( 0-6 miles from home postcode ) £28.50 per job
rate 2 (6-30 miles away from home ) £30.75 per job
rate 3 (30-60 miles away from home ) £33.75 per job
rate 4 (60 plus miles away from home ) £42.25 per job

i am working in east london this week where i will be on rate 4 doing around 6-9 jobs per day , you have to pay for own digs and diesel etc but after all my digs and diesel etc i should easilly clear £900-£1000 to myself for the week ! i have worked for the other contractor also (kellys) and tbh they are a joke compared to quinns yeah they pay your diesel and hotel bills but you get treated like dirt and the rate of pay is £25 per job no matter where you work !

morale of the story quinns is better than kellys to work for but be expected to work away on extremely short notice but when in your own area its a doddle earning £500-£800 a week home at around 5 every night !!

rant over !!
jf123 is offline   Reply With Quote