Thread: 150M Hourly disconnects
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2017, 09:56   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Hourly disconnects

absolutely dude, the E4200 as old as it is now will handle the download speed no probs so you don't need to worry about a performance decrease. Your power levels are fine which makes me think it is a more serious problem up the network but I am very curious to see what will happen when the shub gets put in modem mode.
The thing is that if it was a problem higher up like at the cmts, it should be affecting everybody and you would think a lot of people would notice hourly disconnects and be ringing up and VM would be aware of it.

I would suggest hooking up the Linksys asap this morning so you can leave it connected all weekend and have a solid two days of graphing for diagnostic purposes. When you put the shub in modem mode your Linksys is going to get a completely different ip address (which is a good thing in your case) so you'll need to update the info for your TBB graph. When you do can you share the live graph (not a snapshot) in this thread. I'll be watching it this weekend and there are many forum users who are far more knowledgeable than me (including VM network techs) who I am sure will be keeping an eye on it as well).
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote