View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 18:39   #4923
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
Cheer Carl, Yet again I'm obliged and indebted for your patient elaboration (albeit I was personally reasonably familiar with the concept) and eagerly await your concise explanation when someone (other than me) asks "What about dual token bucket rate shaping"?
Do VM use ERBA and hence require dual token buckets on downstream? Pretty sure they don't on that score, just yet!

I guess you're referring to dual token on upstream. Easy enough - I defer to this Google site:

https://sites.google.com/site/amitsc...affic-policing

Though of course the CIR on VM's tiers is zero - dual token is more built with services like VoIP in mind where the cable modem has to implement DTB to ensure it behaves well with a UGS VoIP service flow rather than allowing buffers to be overwhelmed by high bandwidth BE service flow traffic

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
Sort of reminds you of some Technical Support Forums doesn't it? :p
Though at a high level I work in technical support. Don't give me any more incentive to be yet more jaded
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote