Thread: General TV360
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2023, 10:24   #72
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: TV360

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
What is your source of information?

If it was this system then why would there be a limit on recordable hours?

Neither you or Richard have any legitimate source m. Why don't you just say that it's a best guess rather than implying fact?
Er, row your neck back in, old chap. Can we not have a sensible discussion without you making presumptions about what I know and what I have researched?

You may like to read this, which supports what I have said.

https://www.dignited.com/104225/cloud-dvr/

[EXTRACT]

Basically, programmes ‘recorded’ (bookmarked) are drawn from a bank of on demand programmes from different sources (eg the provider’s own on demand system, the internet, the AVOD or SVOD provider, etc). When you watching a recording, you are basically drawing on one of these on demand systems.

Of course, if you want to search for a link that you can use to disprove this for me, feel free to knock yourself out.

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
RECORD up to 2000 hours.... Recordings are stored for a year.

I perceive that I would have RECORDINGS .... The difference is where they are.

You know how long you have to watch etc whereas shows often disappear from streaming sites or change location etc m
No, they are not recordings. The number of hours is a limitation imposed either by the provider or by an industry standard.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
You really have to laugh at Richard who, from a position of no knowledge, makes poor guesses of functionality simply so he can have a go at an organisation that he hates for some unreasonable reason.
Richard is right when he says that ‘recordings to the cloud’ are not ‘recordings’ in the true sense. You are simply bookmarking programmes that are on demand for your watchlist.

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The rest of the Liberty Global companies have had the cloud facility getting for 5 years now. The number of broadcasters blocking it has reduced to the extent that some functionality is now available in Sky Stream. But with broadcast services diminishing the market for will also shrink. The “hybrid” model Sky have introduced is likely what will happen on VM eventually.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/sky-st...ing-explained/
We already have it on the 360 and V6 boxes, but we also have real recordings to the hard drive as well.