View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 22:15   #53
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: CB'ing and Ham radio in the 21st Century

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzizname View Post
Last setup i had way back when, was a Nato 2000, Sadelta Echo Master Plus, Thunderpole III with an original Firestick and a Zetagi b300p.

Having been on air since before it was legalised in 81, i sold everything but the aerial.

The aerial i lost when one of the scafold poles (i'd swiped off a building site one night) snapped during a massive snow storm, and my landlord ripped it to pieces as it was blocking the public footpath, and because i wasn't around to deal with it

Had been planning on getting a President Lincoln as a replacement to the Nato as well, but in the end i just never got around to it and haven't keyed a mike since.

Had a look on ebay earlier, and i see they're going for about £160 now.. I'm feeling quite tempted to bid on one, see if i can't get it a little cheaper.
Have a listen down the old phone section on 40m any given evening and chances are you'll hear a couple of Russian blokes using Echomasters and judging by the signals, old broadcast transmitters running in excess of 5KW