View Single Post
Old 18-09-2012, 17:19   #128
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
How about this
£21.00 gets you 5 Sky sports channels if I am reading Chads post correctly. Is not BT sport 1 channel ? £21 divided by 5 = £4.20 !!!!
If you can get ESPN, ESPN HD, ESPN America and ESPN Classic for as little as £6.00 per month outwith the XL package, then £4.20 seems about right for BT sports.

Will ESPN completely pull out of the UK market or will ESPN Classic and ESPN America remain? I'd say whilst there is doubt in the air, ESPN America fans won't see Virgin agreeing a deal for ESPN America HD any time soon.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdf90 View Post
I very much doubt BT Sports would be added to the XL pack, even though I'd like it to.

Setanta and ESPN joined the XL pack for guaranteed income, BT are certainly not short of cash at the moment, and allowing a rival service to not charge customers a premium for the service certainly wouldn't help their ambition to drive up subscribers.
I don't think the new channel will go into the XL package either. I wonder what Virgin would look to offer, if anything as a replacement? For me personally Premier Sports + BoxNation would be a decent alternative however not everyone enjoys boxing.

Interestingly enough some people joining BT Vision for BT Sports might not be able to access the channel from launch. They have a disclaimer on their site which states the following:

"From 14th September 2012 ESPN, Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 add-ons will only be sold to Vision customers who are within a BT Infinity broadband enabled area. Use our checker to find out if you are eligible."

You are then taken to the below page and about half way down the page there is a section where you can enter your house number and post code.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...ts/tv/freeview

"Which Freeview and Premium Sports channels can I get?

Freeview and Premium Sports aren't available everywhere. Check which Freeview channels you can get at home as well as Premium Sports (Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2 and ESPN)."

According to this I can't receive ESPN or SKY Sports. Checked the below link which confirms Infinity won't be rolled out in my area until December 2013.

http://www.fibremap.bt.com/

Even after Infinity has rolled out in my area, there still seems to be doubt in regards to receiving Premium channels:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...id/13922/c/346

Good thing I wasn't considering going to BT Vision for BT Sports!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote