View Single Post
Old 30-04-2009, 10:47   #46
bikeman
Inactive

bikeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin's New PAYG Tariff - Addict

True but they more likely to make calls if the tariff is cheaper. Vm would also attract more talkers. I accept there is a balance between an attractive tarrif where no profit is made and it being too expensive which makes many keep their mobile for 'emergencies only'. Hotels eventually worked this one out...

The mobile companies need to work out that they are in the enviable position of possibly being a single supplier for all comms (voice/email/text/internet) - at BOTH home AND mobile. They just need to stop milking customers for services such as internet access and calls to other mobiles. O2 have the right idea with their top up £10 and get 500mins from home and a flat £7.50pm for internet - unfortunately their mobile call rates aren't great.

I just make the point that VM are not considering the bigger picture with their tariffs. With the addict tariff tehy've concentrated on teenagers who text and ignored the talkers - What do I care I am now with Asda and pay 8ppm for calls and 4p for texts.
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote