View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:28   #13
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads
Re: 2 accounts in to 1 at new house

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
Yes VM has increased their charge. The way VAT works is the end consumer dosnt pay HM gov the charge, they pay their supplyer who in turn pays the charge. So what VM charge you has increased.

The VAT increase is no different then if one of VM's supplyers increased the cost to VM which VM in turn passed onto the end user.

Remember in this country (unlike say the US) the end user pays a VAT inclusive charge not a charge "plus tax". Meaning VAT is a charge pays BY the supplier and NOT the end user. The only exeption to this is B2B sales where prices are plus tax (so the same out woulnt work on VM business)
So if a supplier pays the charge and not the consumer then why is it separate on the bill??

I disagree 100% i am afraid, suppliers are not charging you anymore for your service charges, you will see this on your bill.
You are simply paying an increase in VAT which is a government tax.

Can you imagine the the chaos if this were possible, people would use this to extract them from all manner of contracts.

EDIT:

A quick google on consumer websites will back me up.......many people are asking similar questions on similar products

http://www.mobilechoices.co.uk/vat-r...one-bills.html

Also, you will notice that in the T&Cs VM seperate their charges and VAT:

"You must pay the charges for the services as set out in Virgin Media Ltd's and/or Virgin Media Entertainment's price guides or as otherwise notified to you, together with any applicable value added tax or other applicable taxes"

So can you point out where VM have increased their service charges BEFORE the application of VAT, for which they have no choice?
Jonnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote