View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 17:16   #1
andy3050
Inactive

andy3050 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky offer too good to be true?

I was round at my dads earlier who has virgin media. a sky rep called round while i was there, he was talking about people in the area being over charged for virgin media and tried to get him to change to sky.

My dad is on Virgins XL package with a V+ box (XL tv, free evening and weekend calls and 20mb bb with no monthly limit) he also has an extra box in the bedroom (standard box). he pays around £60 for all this

The sky rep offered Sky+ HD, 20mb BB (guessing with 2mb monthly cap), free evening and weekend calls and multiroom for....... £40 per month.

The guy wouldn't leave and pestered for ages about how "dave and ivy" down the road was paying the same for virgin and was over the moon about the savings, also offering savings for pensioners, although he didn't say what they were. my dad wouldn't say yes as he doesn't do dealings over the doorstep.

is this offer too good to be true? if he was to phone sky would they offer the same thing deal?

i've had a look on skys website and to get the same as he's getting now (+HD box, extra standard box, espn (free on his Virgin XL pack), unlimited 20mb BB, free/evening calls) it would come to £75 per month so i don't know how this sales person could offer it for £40.
andy3050 is offline   Reply With Quote